Tuesday 22 November 2016

What We Learned Today...November 22nd



ELA: We started out the day with a brief AR period before reading through Chapter Twelve of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone together.

Health: Students were given the entire period to finish up their Digital Portfolio's.  I'm very impressed with how amazing these have turned out, and I can't wait for the students to showcase them during our conferences this week.

Math: After a brief review of the lesson from last week, the students began working on their textbook assignment from Pg. 135.

Upcoming Due Dates & Homework

Health:
-Digital Portfolio's are due tomorrow.

Genius Hour:
-Projects are due on December 12th

Math: - Due on Thursday.
Pg. 135 

a) 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 13
b) 2, 4, 6, 8, 13-18
c) 4, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 21

Reminders:
-The girls volleyball game has been rescheduled for Tuesday, November 22nd.

-Sacraments afternoon is at Holy Cross tomorrow. - Remember to dress in your "Sunday Best"

-Science Centre Field Trip is on Wednesday, November 30th.  Notes will go home tomorrow.

-Parent Teacher conferences are Tomorrow and Thursday.

Note about Report Cards: 
I have attempted to pack them with as much detail as I could. Besides the report card you will also receive an email containing a spread-sheet of all of the assignments and tests that I gave to your daughter / son for every class that I taught to them.It is a useful method to start a discussion about what is working well and / or what improvements need to be under-taken in order to maximize their learning potential in each and every class. Please send me an email at m.j.bresciani.rcsd.ca if you have not received a copy of them electronically. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss each student’s progress and to help ensure that the academic plan that we have for each and every student is the right one for them. Please remember too that if you cannot meet with me on the scheduled dates or if you feel that you need more time I am always willing to make myself available before or after school on any given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment